Honor Mother's Day
last replied by leenchou,May 05, 2016 at 06:31AM
last edited by Honor_USA,Apr 28, 2016 at 4:51PM
This Mother’s Day, we’re giving you a chance to “honor” (pun intended) the woman that’s been there for you through thick and thin since day 1.
Here’s how it works:
Like our Facebook page and let us know in our Mother’s Day post what you love most about your Mom.
Don’t have a Facebook account? That’s okay, you can also enter on Twitter. Simply follow and tweet us why you love your mom and include #IHEARTMOM in your response.
Terms and Conditions apply. Please see below.
HONOR 5X, “#IHEARTMOM” CONTEST (“Contest”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. YOUR ENTRY IS VOID IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND NOT LOCATED IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WHO RESIDE WITHIN THE 48 CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, EXCEPT FOR THOSE RESIDENTS RESIDING IN RHODE ISLAND.
1. HOW TO ENTER AND PARTICIPATE: Eligible individuals (“Entrants”) may enter the Contest by commenting on the Facebook #IHeartMom post by answering the question, “What do you love most about your mom?” or writing in a tweet what you love most about your mom and insert #IHeartMom in your tweet. In order to complete the registration for the Contest, you must “Like” Honor USA’s Facebook Fan page or follow Honor USA on Twitter. Any other form of entry is void. One entry per Facebook account and one entry per Twitter account permitted.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins on April 28, 2016, 5:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on May 3, 5:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) (“Contest Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 48 continental United States and the District of Columbia, EXCEPT FOR THOSE RESIDENTS RESIDING IN RHODE ISLAND, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (“Entrants” subject to the restrictions below). By participating, Entrants agree to these Official Rules. Void in Rhode Island and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Contest (“Contest Entities”) and their respective immediate family members (i.e. spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Entrants and/or potential winner may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor.
4. SELECTION CRITERIA AND WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS: All prizes (further described below) will be awarded based on the decision of the selection committee for the best response of all eligible entries. All entries shall be reviewed for eligibility. Entries for all prizes will be reviewed an additional time for eligibility. Winners shall be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility. If documents are not returned within TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS or if a prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited, as solely determined in Sponsor’s discretion. Upon such determination of ineligibility, an additional e-mail will be sent to inform the Entrant that his/her prize has been forfeited. As a result of such forfeiture, the Entrant with the next best tweet or Facebook post will be notified that his/her prize package has been upgraded. The new winner shall have ONE (1) BUSINESS DAY to return any documents related to winning a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of Entrants. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value if any prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters.
(2) Two Mother’s Day Packages which include a $250.00 Visa Gift Card and (1) one Honor 5X device with an ARV of ($199).
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes combined is $898.00. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes and any unspecified expenses associated with prizes are the responsibility of winners. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
For All Prizes: Limit one (1) prize per person. Prizes won by an eligible Entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes on prizes (including but not limited to federal, state and local income taxes), and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. The ARV of the prizes are based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes where required by law. Potential winners will be required to provide his/her Social Security Number for tax reporting purposes. Winners may be issued an IRS 1099 form for the retail value of the prize for prizes over $600. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries made, and the order in which the entries are aggregated and sorted.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Contest, Entrants agree and covenant on behalf of themselves and their family, heirs, personal representatives executors, assigns and insurers: (a) to release, acquit, hold harmless, waive and forever discharge Sponsor, Huawei Device USA, and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, members, managers, employees, contractors and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all claims, demands, damages, debts, costs, fees, obligations, loss, expenses, compensation, actions or causes of action whatsoever, of every nature, character and description, whether known, unknown, discovered, undiscovered, suspected or unsuspected, including death, or property damage (collectively, “Claims”), including but not limited to Claims arising on account of, or in any way growing out of, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in this Contest or any Contest related activities, including any travel related thereto, (b) except where legally prohibited, each winner (or winner’s parent/guardian if winner is a minor) grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and/or statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without territorial or time limitations, notice, review or approval.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor assumes no liability for lost, late, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, or non-delivered requests or Entries. If, for any reason, Contest, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Contest. Automated Entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Entrants may not register with multiple Facebook or Twitter accounts nor may Entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any Entrant who attempts to enter with multiple posts of multiple Facebook or Twitter accounts under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register/play multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her Entries) who tampers with the entry process.
8. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Texas law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY); (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
9. Governing Law & Jurisdiction: These Official Rules and the Contest are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 8 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the federal, state and local courts located in Collin County, Texas.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of the names of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, first-class stamped envelope to: Honor “#IHEARTMOM” Contest, c/o Huawei Device USA, Inc., 5700 Tennyson Parkway, Plano, TX 75024. Winner list requests must be received by May 15, 2016.
11. SPONSOR: Huawei Device USA, Inc., 5700 Tennyson Pkwy, Suite 600, Plano, TX 75024.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.
© Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 1998-2013. Huawei is a trademark of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. © 2002-2013.